Statistics show that in 2012, Asia-Pacific increased their international sales over 30% giving them over $433 billion in revenue. That is a $69 billion difference between the U.S. revenue of $364.66 billion. It is estimated that Asia-Pacific will increase by another 30% in the year 2013 putting them ahead by more than one-third of all global ecommerce sales. The largest online shopping day in the world is Singles Day, with sales just in Alibaba’s sites at US$9.3 billion in 2014.
- Denial of service attacks are a minor risk for merchants, as are server and network outages.
- Items which can fit in a standard mailbox—such as music CDs, DVDs and books—are particularly suitable for a virtual marketer.
- Some retailers (especially those selling small, high-value items like electronics) offer free shipping on sufficiently large orders.
- You can automatically import your items into your online store.
- Data collection techniques used observation, interview and